This puppy is on Amazon for $298.99 with a solid 4 out of 5 stars rating but is it worth it?
The 2.5 Horsepower 10″ Industrial Tile/Brick Saw is a mid tier tile saw so first of all, know what you’re getting.
The tricky thing about this saw is it cuts like a beast and can give elite performance but a lot of customers find out the savings is made up for in missing parts, sloppy packaging, and an iffy water pump among other things so it’s a give and take.
As you might expect, the reviews are hit and miss. Most people love it. About 15-20% of people dislike it. And a few others are in the middle.
First the good:
– It’s got a large steel frame with precision linear bar system for smooth operation
– It also comes with a powerful dual capacitor motor with sealed bearings and thermal overload protection
– the head pivots to allow 22.5 and 45 degree bevel cuts
– the adjustable cutting head lets you adjust blade for materials such as standard tiles or bricks up to 3-1/2″ thick.
– the engine and cut are comparable to higher priced wet saws
Now the complaints:
– the pump doesn’t work smoothly, it works but it takes some cajoling
– more than one customer had their order come with six bolts were missing from the shipment
– contents are packaged poorly and come loose inside the box (this is probably why some people are missing stuff)
– the safety guard gets in the way for deep cuts
– very heavy
– installation is a little tricky and takes about an hour
– the blade does not come with the saw (come on!)
Click here to read more specs on the 2.5 Horsepower 10″ Industrial Tile/Brick Saw
Note: A lot of people bought the Diamond tile saw blade to go with this saw.
Want to find out what we think is the best value for DIYers? Read our SKIL 3540-02 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw review.